Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I see crosses everywhere - I have going on 4 years. Usually just before sleep. They are not crucifixes - I'm not a "recovering" catholic - just grew up episcopalian. I love what I believe is Jesus's message. Love Period. I'm not really struggling with anything but would love to get your perspective. Thank you in advance.

Dear Seeker
I believe this means you are blessed--and it's a sign telling you that you are on the right path. From what I've learned, crosses symbolize the horizontal path of our everyday life, coupled with the vertical soul--the essence of who we are that lives on. (Maybe you should've been a Catholic!--TT IS a recovering Catholic)

4 comments:

  1. Maybe a message to pray more, or for others too? What a nifty recurring dream.

    Angie (Happy Catlick) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a heartening answer! This is the first time I've heard the cross explained this way. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. interesting.....! I'd like to know more about what the person means by 'seeing crosses everywhere...."....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great answer. After thinking about this question for a bit, I think there may be something, too, being "said" about the death and rebirth cycle, the letting go of, and allowing in, cycle, and how that all relates to the image of a cross. Maybe the reader can find insight by examining the crosses which she bears, and which ones are ready to be released?

    ReplyDelete