Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I want to ask this Girl out but it's my first time and I have no idea what to say. Help

Dear Seeker (of the truth),

The first time is the most difficult. It gets much easier--but that doesn't help you this minute. First, you don't say for sure, but I have to assume the girl knows you exist and that you have made some effort to chat with her "as a friend". As such, you should have some idea about her interests. So start there--and the main thing is KEEP IT CASUAL and BE YOURSELF. The only thing you lack right now is courage. So, face your fear and go for it.

If she's into movies, something like "Hey, I was going to check out The Dark Knight this weekend, would you want to go?" If she's into music, how about "I've got some friends who just formed a band, want to check them out with me next time they have a gig"? (Just make sure you have friends that have a band, though. The truth teller never advocates lying, but there's no harm in getting your friends to form a band real quickly if need be...after all, you didn't say they were good)

If she does not know you exist, we'll have to start back at square one. Keep me "posted".

The Truth Teller

1 comment:

  1. Wow --this is really interesting
    I shall me sure to keep a watch on this blog
    but i dont know if you've heard but there is a Tag game going on (check my profile for rules)
    I've tagged you

    ReplyDelete